Breaking: Apple reports 450K iPads sold to date
So much for the sneaky approach. Steve Jobs reporting now at the iPhone OS 4 event that the company has sold 450,000 iPads as of this morning. That's a little lower than estimates, but Apple's still selling plenty. Jobs says they sold 300,000 devices on Saturday, and that Best Buy is experiencing shortages already.
iBooks is also doing well, with 250,000 e-books sold on Saturday, and 600,000 books sold in the store total. And the App Store is rocking, too, with 3,500 iPad apps out already, and a whopping 3.5 million downloaded. Pretty amazing for a first week.
So much for the sneaky approach. Steve Jobs reporting now at the iPhone OS 4 event that the company has sold 450,000 iPads as of this...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free