Breaking: Apple reports 450K iPads sold to date
So much for the sneaky approach. Steve Jobs reporting now at the iPhone OS 4 event that the company has sold 450,000 iPads as of this morning. That's a little lower than estimates, but Apple's still selling plenty. Jobs says they sold 300,000 devices on Saturday, and that Best Buy is experiencing shortages already.
iBooks is also doing well, with 250,000 e-books sold on Saturday, and 600,000 books sold in the store total. And the App Store is rocking, too, with 3,500 iPad apps out already, and a whopping 3.5 million downloaded. Pretty amazing for a first week.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter