Breaking: Apple reports 450K iPads sold to date
So much for the sneaky approach. Steve Jobs reporting now at the iPhone OS 4 event that the company has sold 450,000 iPads as of this morning. That's a little lower than estimates, but Apple's still selling plenty. Jobs says they sold 300,000 devices on Saturday, and that Best Buy is experiencing shortages already.
iBooks is also doing well, with 250,000 e-books sold on Saturday, and 600,000 books sold in the store total. And the App Store is rocking, too, with 3,500 iPad apps out already, and a whopping 3.5 million downloaded. Pretty amazing for a first week.
So much for the sneaky approach. Steve Jobs reporting now at the iPhone OS 4 event that the company has sold 450,000 iPads as of this...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs