Breaking: Apple reports 450K iPads sold to date
So much for the sneaky approach. Steve Jobs reporting now at the iPhone OS 4 event that the company has sold 450,000 iPads as of this morning. That's a little lower than estimates, but Apple's still selling plenty. Jobs says they sold 300,000 devices on Saturday, and that Best Buy is experiencing shortages already.
iBooks is also doing well, with 250,000 e-books sold on Saturday, and 600,000 books sold in the store total. And the App Store is rocking, too, with 3,500 iPad apps out already, and a whopping 3.5 million downloaded. Pretty amazing for a first week.
So much for the sneaky approach. Steve Jobs reporting now at the iPhone OS 4 event that the company has sold 450,000 iPads as of this...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update