Breaking: Apple reports 450K iPads sold to date
So much for the sneaky approach. Steve Jobs reporting now at the iPhone OS 4 event that the company has sold 450,000 iPads as of this morning. That's a little lower than estimates, but Apple's still selling plenty. Jobs says they sold 300,000 devices on Saturday, and that Best Buy is experiencing shortages already.
iBooks is also doing well, with 250,000 e-books sold on Saturday, and 600,000 books sold in the store total. And the App Store is rocking, too, with 3,500 iPad apps out already, and a whopping 3.5 million downloaded. Pretty amazing for a first week.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature