Chitika tracking iPad purchases, estimates 560K so far
Want to know how many iPads have really been bought? It may not be the ideal methodology, but at least ad network Chitika can explain where its numbers are coming from: the company is watching for ad loads from unique instances of Mobile Safari (each one representing a newly unpacked iPad browsing the net), then factoring in the percentage of the Internet that is visible to Chitika's sensors.
The result, as of tonight, is about 565,000 iPads in the wild -- which means that sales are moving along nicely, even after the steep peak of the first day has passed.
[via Business Insider]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter