Chitika tracking iPad purchases, estimates 560K so far
Want to know how many iPads have really been bought? It may not be the ideal methodology, but at least ad network Chitika can explain where its numbers are coming from: the company is watching for ad loads from unique instances of Mobile Safari (each one representing a newly unpacked iPad browsing the net), then factoring in the percentage of the Internet that is visible to Chitika's sensors.
The result, as of tonight, is about 565,000 iPads in the wild -- which means that sales are moving along nicely, even after the steep peak of the first day has passed.
[via Business Insider]
Want to know how many iPads have really been bought? It may not be the ideal methodology, but at least ad network Chitika can explain...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved