Chitika tracking iPad purchases, estimates 560K so far
Want to know how many iPads have really been bought? It may not be the ideal methodology, but at least ad network Chitika can explain where its numbers are coming from: the company is watching for ad loads from unique instances of Mobile Safari (each one representing a newly unpacked iPad browsing the net), then factoring in the percentage of the Internet that is visible to Chitika's sensors.
The result, as of tonight, is about 565,000 iPads in the wild -- which means that sales are moving along nicely, even after the steep peak of the first day has passed.
[via Business Insider]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs