Chitika tracking iPad purchases, estimates 560K so far
Want to know how many iPads have really been bought? It may not be the ideal methodology, but at least ad network Chitika can explain where its numbers are coming from: the company is watching for ad loads from unique instances of Mobile Safari (each one representing a newly unpacked iPad browsing the net), then factoring in the percentage of the Internet that is visible to Chitika's sensors.
The result, as of tonight, is about 565,000 iPads in the wild -- which means that sales are moving along nicely, even after the steep peak of the first day has passed.
[via Business Insider]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration