iPhone OS 4 Secrets: Some early glitches reported by devs
Well, it's a few months away from release, so fortunately Apple's engineers will have a chance to fix some bugs that are already being reported by an anonymous tipster. Dave installed 4.0 on his iPhone 3GS and noted that the following items don't work properly:
- Can't change lock screen or home screen wallpapers. Settings gives him the choice and indicates the choice has been made, but nothing changes.
- Wallpaper can't even be picked on a 3G
- iTunes doesn't recognize folders and will not perform a backup, displaying an error message that the "backup failed because it was refused by the iPhone." It looks like a new iTunes version will be forthcoming. He also mentioned that folders are interesting, but limited to 12 apps per folder. If you have a lot of games, you'll end up with folders named "Games 1", "Games 2", "Games 3", etc...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)