Poll: Will you be upgrading your iPhone hardware to take advantage of multitasking?
The catch is that you need to have a 3rd gen iPod touch (released in 32 and 64GB versions last fall) or an iPhone 3GS. Any iPhone or iPod touch before those versions do not possess the hardware capable of supporting multitasking. At least, that's Apple's position; jailbreak users have been multitasking for a long time on that gear.
What we want to know is how many of you are going to be updating your iPhone OS devices to take advantage of the multitasking features? Vote in the poll and leave us your thoughts in the comments!
|Heck yeah, I'm still using an original iPhone/iPod touch.||1893 (11.6%)|
|Yep, I've got a iPhone 3G and this is a great reason to upgrade.||5449 (33.4%)|
|Nope. If my 3GS will support multitasking, I'm sticking with it.||5884 (36.0%)|
|No way! I hate "planned obsolescence."||3105 (19.0%)|
Multitasking is the number one requested feature since the iPhone launched almost three years ago. With the introduction of iPhone OS 4...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs