Poll: Will you be upgrading your iPhone hardware to take advantage of multitasking?
The catch is that you need to have a 3rd gen iPod touch (released in 32 and 64GB versions last fall) or an iPhone 3GS. Any iPhone or iPod touch before those versions do not possess the hardware capable of supporting multitasking. At least, that's Apple's position; jailbreak users have been multitasking for a long time on that gear.
What we want to know is how many of you are going to be updating your iPhone OS devices to take advantage of the multitasking features? Vote in the poll and leave us your thoughts in the comments!
|Heck yeah, I'm still using an original iPhone/iPod touch.||1893 (11.6%)|
|Yep, I've got a iPhone 3G and this is a great reason to upgrade.||5449 (33.4%)|
|Nope. If my 3GS will support multitasking, I'm sticking with it.||5884 (36.0%)|
|No way! I hate "planned obsolescence."||3105 (19.0%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows