New app helps the uninsured find free healthcare
The Partnership for Prescription Assistance (PPA) was founded in 2005 as a joint effort by America's pharmaceutical research and biotechnology companies to help patients find medical programs for which they may be eligible to obtain free or nearly-free medication and services. The PPA has now launched an iPhone and Blackberry app to give patients another resource to find the help they need. The app lets patients scroll through the medicines offered by PPA member programs or locate one of 10,000 free health care clinics across the United States.
The PPA app is free and available now in the App Store. For those of you without an iPhone or Blackberry that may need financial assistance in obtaining medication, you can check out the PPA's website or call toll-free 1-888-4PPA-NOW (1-888-477-2669) to see if you are eligible for help.
Free apps and free health care. What a wonderful world.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options