iPad 3G: Available April 30 in the USA
Apple today announced retail availability of the iPad 3G -- which also features Wi-Fi, of course -- for Friday, April 30th at 5:00 pm. The Loop reports those who pre-ordered the 3G version of the iPad should start receiving shipments that day same day.
The iPad 3G includes a US$130 premium over the standard Wi-Fi-only iPad, but that provides the luxury of joining AT&T's data network on an at-will basis. Rather than being locked to a 2-year contract, iPad 3G can purchase a month of data at a time. Two plans are available: 250MB will run you $15 and the unlimited plan will set you back a cool $30.
While resident iMac-fiend Steve Sande didn't wait for the iPad 3G, I did and I'm excited to make another trek to the Apple Store next Friday. What about you, dear readers, anybody out there a little less green and a little more eager to go shopping?
[via The Loop]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app