iPad 3G: Available April 30 in the USA
Apple today announced retail availability of the iPad 3G -- which also features Wi-Fi, of course -- for Friday, April 30th at 5:00 pm. The Loop reports those who pre-ordered the 3G version of the iPad should start receiving shipments that day same day.
The iPad 3G includes a US$130 premium over the standard Wi-Fi-only iPad, but that provides the luxury of joining AT&T's data network on an at-will basis. Rather than being locked to a 2-year contract, iPad 3G can purchase a month of data at a time. Two plans are available: 250MB will run you $15 and the unlimited plan will set you back a cool $30.
While resident iMac-fiend Steve Sande didn't wait for the iPad 3G, I did and I'm excited to make another trek to the Apple Store next Friday. What about you, dear readers, anybody out there a little less green and a little more eager to go shopping?
[via The Loop]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter