Thieves steal iPad, finger
Ugh, this is a grisly one -- Bill Jordan picked up an iPad for someone else the other day from an Apple Store in a Colorado mall near him, and as he walked away, some thieves grabbed his bag away so quickly that it took part of his finger off. Scary stuff -- apparently two young men followed him out of the store down to the parking garage, jumped him and grabbed the bag. There was a scuffle which Jordan's pinky finger didn't survive. After rushing off to a hospital, he was told part of the finger had to come off.
We've heard of thieves targeting Apple Store customers before, and especially since the iPad is such a hot commodity, those bags can unfortunately make a big target. Be careful out there. Two videos (both in Flash, unfortunately -- sorry about that) on the robbery after the link below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration