iPad finger ripper suspect behind bars
It was a gruesome and sad story. After Bill Jordan picked up an iPad for a friend from the Cherry Creek Shopping Center Apple Store in Colorado, he was assaulted by two men who stole the iPad -- and in the process damaged his pinky finger so badly that part of it had to be removed.
Now, the Denver Post is reporting that police have one of the suspects behind bars. Brandon Darnell Smith was arrested without incident and is being held in connection with the investigation into the assault and robbery of Jordan. The arrest came one day after Smith was identified in the theft, and the police asked the public for help in finding him.
This particularly violent iPad theft has made national news and even ended up on one of David Letterman's Top Ten lists.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter