iPad finger ripper suspect behind bars
It was a gruesome and sad story. After Bill Jordan picked up an iPad for a friend from the Cherry Creek Shopping Center Apple Store in Colorado, he was assaulted by two men who stole the iPad -- and in the process damaged his pinky finger so badly that part of it had to be removed.
Now, the Denver Post is reporting that police have one of the suspects behind bars. Brandon Darnell Smith was arrested without incident and is being held in connection with the investigation into the assault and robbery of Jordan. The arrest came one day after Smith was identified in the theft, and the police asked the public for help in finding him.
This particularly violent iPad theft has made national news and even ended up on one of David Letterman's Top Ten lists.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options