Apple previews icon of iPhone video chat app? Probably not.
On their Worldwide Developers Conference 2010 page, Apple has posted a series of icons, one of which looks like it could be the new icon for the rumored iChat video conferencing app that will be used to take advantage of the 4G iPhone's front facing camera.
As you can see from the series of twelve icons above, only four of them are definitively app icons (Maps, Calendar, Photos, and Messages), four are icons for new iPhone OS 4.0 services or features (multitasking, iAd, Game Center, and Enterprise), while the last known three are standerd developer icons (the lock, the x-ray applications icon, and the iPhone pref file).
Of course, it's likely that the remaining camera icon is just referencing the access developers have to the iPhone's video recording software and hardware. We've gotten quite a few emails about this, though, so we are posting this in the interest of pure speculation only.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration