iPhone apps make up 21% of Gameloft sales in 1Q
While Gameloft still makes noise about other phones and platforms, including those from Palm, Samsung, Nokia and Google's Android, the company's focus seems to be on Apple devices. Late last year, Gameloft finance director Alexandre de Rochefort said his company had cut back on developing for Android because buying apps for Androids was "not as neatly done as on the iPhone," and that companies weren't making significant revenue on Google phones.
Gameloft's emphasis on iThings seems to be paying off. The French developer, one of the world's biggest publishers of games for mobiles,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs