iPhone apps make up 21% of Gameloft sales in 1Q
While Gameloft still makes noise about other phones and platforms, including those from Palm, Samsung, Nokia and Google's Android, the company's focus seems to be on Apple devices. Late last year, Gameloft finance director Alexandre de Rochefort said his company had cut back on developing for Android because buying apps for Androids was "not as neatly done as on the iPhone," and that companies weren't making significant revenue on Google phones.
Gameloft's emphasis on iThings seems to be paying off. The French developer, one of the world's biggest publishers of games for mobiles,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free