iPad jailbreak released, works on iPhone and iPod touch
Within a few hours of its release the iPad had already been jailbroken and video proof released. The Dev-Team with @comex have released the first "userland" jailbreak for iPhone OS devices since the initial year of the iPhone's release.
The current jailbreak, dubbed "Spirit," allows you to jailbreak all models of iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch running the latest firmwares available (3.2 and 3.1.3, respectively, as of this writing).
Also, the authors note that "On iPad, all this is still sort of beta," and as such if anything goes wrong you might need to restore.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows