Square app now accepting payments on the iPhone
Square is the app that won over our hearts at MacWorld Expo in February. It allows vendors, business owners, individuals, etc. to accept credit card and debit card payments where they stand via a handy little app. Originally developed and advertised as an iPhone app, Square hit shelves in April as a fully-optimized iPad app.Today it's gone universal and is ready for your iPhone.
It's not the only mobile payment system in town, but Square does not require a merchant account and is targeted at individuals as much as business owners. To accept a payment, users can either type in a customer's card number of swipe it with the free reader that connects to the headphone jack. For our hands-on with Square, check out the video above.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options