Square app now accepting payments on the iPhone
Square is the app that won over our hearts at MacWorld Expo in February. It allows vendors, business owners, individuals, etc. to accept credit card and debit card payments where they stand via a handy little app. Originally developed and advertised as an iPhone app, Square hit shelves in April as a fully-optimized iPad app.Today it's gone universal and is ready for your iPhone.
It's not the only mobile payment system in town, but Square does not require a merchant account and is targeted at individuals as much as business owners. To accept a payment, users can either type in a customer's card number of swipe it with the free reader that connects to the headphone jack. For our hands-on with Square, check out the video above.
Square is the app that won over our hearts at MacWorld Expo in February. It allows vendors, business owners, individuals, etc. to accept...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements