Square app now accepting payments on the iPhone
Square is the app that won over our hearts at MacWorld Expo in February. It allows vendors, business owners, individuals, etc. to accept credit card and debit card payments where they stand via a handy little app. Originally developed and advertised as an iPhone app, Square hit shelves in April as a fully-optimized iPad app.Today it's gone universal and is ready for your iPhone.
It's not the only mobile payment system in town, but Square does not require a merchant account and is targeted at individuals as much as business owners. To accept a payment, users can either type in a customer's card number of swipe it with the free reader that connects to the headphone jack. For our hands-on with Square, check out the video above.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration