Square app now accepting payments on the iPhone
Square is the app that won over our hearts at MacWorld Expo in February. It allows vendors, business owners, individuals, etc. to accept credit card and debit card payments where they stand via a handy little app. Originally developed and advertised as an iPhone app, Square hit shelves in April as a fully-optimized iPad app.Today it's gone universal and is ready for your iPhone.
It's not the only mobile payment system in town, but Square does not require a merchant account and is targeted at individuals as much as business owners. To accept a payment, users can either type in a customer's card number of swipe it with the free reader that connects to the headphone jack. For our hands-on with Square, check out the video above.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV