European iPads starting to arrive early
We've received several tips this morning from happy international readers who've received their iPads early. Reports have come in from Germany, Italy, Spain, Scotland and England; reader MoonWalkerCTE comments below that a 64BG unit arrived late on Wednesday afternoon. Reader David sent us this photo of his iPad as it landed at his door in the UK. Say goodbye to today's productivity, David!
Here in the States, rule-bound UPS drivers kept us waiting until the last possible second, so we're happy for our international friends and their good fortune.
Apple recently delayed international delivery dates, citing high demand. The iPad officially goes on sale in 9 countries tomorrow (the UK, Australia, France, Germany, Japan, Canada, Switzerland, Spain, and Italy), where long lines and sighs of relief are expected.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options