European iPads starting to arrive early
We've received several tips this morning from happy international readers who've received their iPads early. Reports have come in from Germany, Italy, Spain, Scotland and England; reader MoonWalkerCTE comments below that a 64BG unit arrived late on Wednesday afternoon. Reader David sent us this photo of his iPad as it landed at his door in the UK. Say goodbye to today's productivity, David!
Here in the States, rule-bound UPS drivers kept us waiting until the last possible second, so we're happy for our international friends and their good fortune.
Apple recently delayed international delivery dates, citing high demand. The iPad officially goes on sale in 9 countries tomorrow (the UK, Australia, France, Germany, Japan, Canada, Switzerland, Spain, and Italy), where long lines and sighs of relief are expected.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter