Lines form as the iPad goes on sale internationally
In Paris, customers lined up in the basement of the Louvre Museum. Businessweek reports that the line to buy an iPad was longer than the line to see the Mona Lisa.
Tech Radar reported that "hundreds" of people were outside London's Regent Street store on Friday morning. Even Stephen Fry was there, despite the fact that he already owns one.
Apple sold 1,000,000 iPads during the first 28 days of availability in the US, where shortages continue. If this reception is any indication of the iPad's performance in the international market, Apple's biggest problem might be simply keeping up.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options