Lines form as the iPad goes on sale internationally
In Paris, customers lined up in the basement of the Louvre Museum. Businessweek reports that the line to buy an iPad was longer than the line to see the Mona Lisa.
Tech Radar reported that "hundreds" of people were outside London's Regent Street store on Friday morning. Even Stephen Fry was there, despite the fact that he already owns one.
Apple sold 1,000,000 iPads during the first 28 days of availability in the US, where shortages continue. If this reception is any indication of the iPad's performance in the international market, Apple's biggest problem might be simply keeping up.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync