Skype quietly delays charges for iPhone app calling
According to the fine print on the Skype iPhone app, free Skype to Skype calls will last all the way until the end of 2010. Yesterday, the date was given as the end of August, but it looks like we've all gotten an extension on Skype-to-Skype calling over 3G.
Now the prospect of payment has at least been delayed, possibly because of the outcry from users -- comments on the changes haven't been pretty. The Skype folks haven't explained the change, or the reason for the charges to begin with. We'll stay tuned, and keep our ears open for why Skype might have delayed the planned charges.
According to the fine print on the Skype iPhone app, free Skype to Skype calls will last all the way until the end of 2010. Yesterday, the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs