Skype quietly delays charges for iPhone app calling
According to the fine print on the Skype iPhone app, free Skype to Skype calls will last all the way until the end of 2010. Yesterday, the date was given as the end of August, but it looks like we've all gotten an extension on Skype-to-Skype calling over 3G.
Now the prospect of payment has at least been delayed, possibly because of the outcry from users -- comments on the changes haven't been pretty. The Skype folks haven't explained the change, or the reason for the charges to begin with. We'll stay tuned, and keep our ears open for why Skype might have delayed the planned charges.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature