Is AT&T moving up your iPhone upgrade date?
This morning we received a tip from TUAW reader Omar, who noted that his date had been moved up from late October of 2010 to "discounted equipment pricing when you sign a new 2-year commitment." That intrigued me, so I decided to check for myself.
Sure enough, the upgrade page for my AT&T account now shows the information seen above (account and phone number information deleted to protect the blogger). While we're not sure that this offer has been extended to all iPhone 3GS owners on AT&T's system, it's certainly showing up for a lot of people. Well, at least two of us...
Note that you don't have to sign into your AT&T online account info page. Just call *639# from your iPhone, and within less than a minute you'll receive a text message outlining your upgrade options.
How about you? Has AT&T changed your iPhone upgrade date? Let us know! As for me, this really makes the thought of getting a new iPhone HD attractive, even though I won't be able to (legally) tether my iPad through it.
Update: Our own Megan Lavey reports getting the alert message shown here.
In anticipation of a new iPhone coming out soon, I visited my online AT&T account information last week to see when I'd be available...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements