Is AT&T moving up your iPhone upgrade date?
This morning we received a tip from TUAW reader Omar, who noted that his date had been moved up from late October of 2010 to "discounted equipment pricing when you sign a new 2-year commitment." That intrigued me, so I decided to check for myself.
Sure enough, the upgrade page for my AT&T account now shows the information seen above (account and phone number information deleted to protect the blogger). While we're not sure that this offer has been extended to all iPhone 3GS owners on AT&T's system, it's certainly showing up for a lot of people. Well, at least two of us...
Note that you don't have to sign into your AT&T online account info page. Just call *639# from your iPhone, and within less than a minute you'll receive a text message outlining your upgrade options.
How about you? Has AT&T changed your iPhone upgrade date? Let us know! As for me, this really makes the thought of getting a new iPhone HD attractive, even though I won't be able to (legally) tether my iPad through it.
Update: Our own Megan Lavey reports getting the alert message shown here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs