iPhone 4 sold out from AT&T, UK Apple Store
Update: The post has been edited to clarify that it's AT&T that's blown through its preorder allocation, not the entire universe of iPhone-selling outlets... but that's changing, see below.
The white model never appeared, AT&T's backend systems folded like Superman on laundry day and even new data limits (to be fair you can get your old unlimited data grandfathered in) and higher ETF fees couldn't keep the customers away. Yes, the mighty iPhone 4 (and Apple's marketing) have won the day and are, at this moment, currently sold out at AT&T's stores for launch day delivery (you can still preorder from Apple, however). In AT&T's words (via Engadget and Boy Genius Report):
"Because of the incredible interest in iPhone 4, today was the busiest online sales day in AT&T history. As of Tuesday afternoon, customers who preorder iPhone 4 moving forward will receive their device on June 25 or later, depending on when the order is placed. We'll email customers with confirmation once their order is placed, and again when it ships. In addition, we will have devices available on a first-come, first-serve basis in our stores beginning on June 24."
Update 2: The UK Apple Store is also showing first-day allocations are all gone; the website shows July 2 as the next delivery date for new pre-orders.
Update 3: As of 10:45pm ET, we're getting reports that the US Apple Store has changed the availability date for new pre-orders to July 2. When we checked, it's still set to June 24... we'll keep an eye on it.
Original photo by marfis75
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync