Reader reports: iPhone 4 shipping notifications
In the past 12 hours, we've begun hearing from readers who have gotten shipping notifications on their iPhone 4 orders. Keep in mind, just as with past overnight shipments of iThings, the shippers are scheduled to hold the phones for delivery so that they don't arrive before June 24.
Meanwhile, a long thread over on the MacRumors forums cites the trials and tribulations of some would-be iPhone 4 buyers who had their preorders cancelled unexpectedly. It's not clear exactly what circumstances led to the cancellations. In some cases, it may have been a missed checkbox on the order form agreeing to AT&T's terms and conditions; in others, it may be a complex billing situation (family or corporate plan, an unpaid invoice) that caused the carrier to flag the order for in-store handling.
Is your iPhone on its way to you already? Let us know below.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature