Reader reports: iPhone 4 shipping notifications
In the past 12 hours, we've begun hearing from readers who have gotten shipping notifications on their iPhone 4 orders. Keep in mind, just as with past overnight shipments of iThings, the shippers are scheduled to hold the phones for delivery so that they don't arrive before June 24.
Meanwhile, a long thread over on the MacRumors forums cites the trials and tribulations of some would-be iPhone 4 buyers who had their preorders cancelled unexpectedly. It's not clear exactly what circumstances led to the cancellations. In some cases, it may have been a missed checkbox on the order form agreeing to AT&T's terms and conditions; in others, it may be a complex billing situation (family or corporate plan, an unpaid invoice) that caused the carrier to flag the order for in-store handling.
Is your iPhone on its way to you already? Let us know below.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter