Confirmed: iPhone 4 gives fewer bars for lefties
The video speaks for itself. I held the iPhone 4 in my left hand, and when my skin comes into contact with the antenna, I lost two bars in a few seconds. My hand didn't change position, but I lifted up my hand to remove contact and those bars returned. I haven't tried this in a way that would confirm whether calls could be dropped, but Engadget is reporting it can happen.
Update: MacRumors theorizes that the problem is due to contact with the lower left-hand corner of the phone specifically. Check out their video demonstration here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)