Confirmed: iPhone 4 gives fewer bars for lefties
The video speaks for itself. I held the iPhone 4 in my left hand, and when my skin comes into contact with the antenna, I lost two bars in a few seconds. My hand didn't change position, but I lifted up my hand to remove contact and those bars returned. I haven't tried this in a way that would confirm whether calls could be dropped, but Engadget is reporting it can happen.
Update: MacRumors theorizes that the problem is due to contact with the lower left-hand corner of the phone specifically. Check out their video demonstration here.
The video speaks for itself. I held the iPhone 4 in my left hand, and when my skin comes into contact with the antenna, I lost two bars...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs