Confirmed: iPhone 4 gives fewer bars for lefties
The video speaks for itself. I held the iPhone 4 in my left hand, and when my skin comes into contact with the antenna, I lost two bars in a few seconds. My hand didn't change position, but I lifted up my hand to remove contact and those bars returned. I haven't tried this in a way that would confirm whether calls could be dropped, but Engadget is reporting it can happen.
Update: MacRumors theorizes that the problem is due to contact with the lower left-hand corner of the phone specifically. Check out their video demonstration here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows