Confirmed: iPhone 4 gives fewer bars for lefties
The video speaks for itself. I held the iPhone 4 in my left hand, and when my skin comes into contact with the antenna, I lost two bars in a few seconds. My hand didn't change position, but I lifted up my hand to remove contact and those bars returned. I haven't tried this in a way that would confirm whether calls could be dropped, but Engadget is reporting it can happen.
Update: MacRumors theorizes that the problem is due to contact with the lower left-hand corner of the phone specifically. Check out their video demonstration here.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter