iPhone 4 launch: Updates from iPhone 4 lineups
Standing in line
As we predicted, the iPhone 4 lines are typically much longer than the iPad lineups were. The Garden State Plaza Apple Store in Paramus, New Jersey closed the non-reservation line (What Chris Breen is calling the "Pray for a Miracle Line") around 9:20 AM. The Biltmore Apple Store's line in balmy Phoenix, Arizona had wrapped around the store by 6:30 AM local time.
Meanwhile, in Oklahoma City, the reservation line was longer than non-res. Twice as long, in fact.
Keeping them happy
Several readers are reporting that Apple Store employees are providing food and drinks to patient customers. In Reno, Nevada, workers are distributing coffee and donuts. Apple Store Crossgates in Albany, NY is also providing breakfast.
We're getting a lot of snapshots from Twitter. In Lancaster, PA, you can't even see the store from the back of the line. The same is true in Louisville, Kentucky, New York's Soho, and Austin, Texas. Finally, I must give a shout-out to my fellow New Englanders in Salem, New Hampshire.
What's your experience been today? Let us know at @ask_tuaw. Have fun and good luck!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app