Malaysia Airlines offering iPad check-in
The next time you're in Kuala Lumpur, check out the Petronas Towers. On the way home, don't miss the airport's ticket kiosks. You'll find that they're powered by iPads. Malaysia Airlines has stuffed iPads running their app MHmobile into 9 self-checkout kiosks. As you see in the video above, using the app is just as easy as you'd expect and a whole lot less ugly than some kiosk software I've seen.
I've never been an IT manager at an airport, but I'd imagine that setting one of these things up would cost less than other methods. Plus, updates are simple: just download a new version of the app.
Of course, you can get that re-create that airport excitement whenever you want by downloading the app yourself. Minus the overpriced food, crying babies and stale air, of course.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options