Malaysia Airlines offering iPad check-in
The next time you're in Kuala Lumpur, check out the Petronas Towers. On the way home, don't miss the airport's ticket kiosks. You'll find that they're powered by iPads. Malaysia Airlines has stuffed iPads running their app MHmobile into 9 self-checkout kiosks. As you see in the video above, using the app is just as easy as you'd expect and a whole lot less ugly than some kiosk software I've seen.
I've never been an IT manager at an airport, but I'd imagine that setting one of these things up would cost less than other methods. Plus, updates are simple: just download a new version of the app.
Of course, you can get that re-create that airport excitement whenever you want by downloading the app yourself. Minus the overpriced food, crying babies and stale air, of course.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)