Malaysia Airlines offering iPad check-in
The next time you're in Kuala Lumpur, check out the Petronas Towers. On the way home, don't miss the airport's ticket kiosks. You'll find that they're powered by iPads. Malaysia Airlines has stuffed iPads running their app MHmobile into 9 self-checkout kiosks. As you see in the video above, using the app is just as easy as you'd expect and a whole lot less ugly than some kiosk software I've seen.
I've never been an IT manager at an airport, but I'd imagine that setting one of these things up would cost less than other methods. Plus, updates are simple: just download a new version of the app.
Of course, you can get that re-create that airport excitement whenever you want by downloading the app yourself. Minus the overpriced food, crying babies and stale air, of course.
The next time you're in Kuala Lumpur, check out the Petronas Towers. On the way home, don't miss the airport's ticket kiosks. You'll...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype