Chrome now beating Safari in the US also
StatCounter's US browser share page shows that Chrome has now overtaken Safari in these United States, moving up into third place for browser share, behind Internet Explorer and Firefox. Astute TUAW readers among you will remember that Chrome already beat Safari once, but that was for the global browser share -- now Google's browser is bigger than Apple's right here among the amber waves of grain.
You have to wonder how much Apple actually cares about this. Lately, the company has called itself a "mobile device company," focused on iOS devices, and of course on those, Mobile Safari reigns supreme. Then again, if Apple does care, maybe Chrome's big surge will start up another browser war, which means we customers will win again anyway.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options