DIY white iPhone 4 has a few rough edges
Engadget just couldn't wait to get a white iPhone 4, so they took a page from Dr. Frankenstein and whipped up their own using a couple of "spare" white components. Unfortunately the mod now lacks a white Home button, the tiny mesh grille in the earpiece and covers on the camera and LED on the back, but it's as close as you're going to get to a white iPhone 4 this week. Unless you work at Colorware, I guess. One interesting note: the white of the parts they bought is a little warmer than the 4's dock, so Engadget (and I) guess Apple is getting that just right before they release the thing into the wild. Yes, Apple and resident chief designer Jon Ive are that particular about color.
Engadget just couldn't wait to get a white iPhone 4, so they took a page from Dr. Frankenstein and whipped up their own using a couple of...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update