DIY white iPhone 4 has a few rough edges
Engadget just couldn't wait to get a white iPhone 4, so they took a page from Dr. Frankenstein and whipped up their own using a couple of "spare" white components. Unfortunately the mod now lacks a white Home button, the tiny mesh grille in the earpiece and covers on the camera and LED on the back, but it's as close as you're going to get to a white iPhone 4 this week. Unless you work at Colorware, I guess. One interesting note: the white of the parts they bought is a little warmer than the 4's dock, so Engadget (and I) guess Apple is getting that just right before they release the thing into the wild. Yes, Apple and resident chief designer Jon Ive are that particular about color.
Engadget just couldn't wait to get a white iPhone 4, so they took a page from Dr. Frankenstein and whipped up their own using a couple of...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs