DIY white iPhone 4 has a few rough edges
Engadget just couldn't wait to get a white iPhone 4, so they took a page from Dr. Frankenstein and whipped up their own using a couple of "spare" white components. Unfortunately the mod now lacks a white Home button, the tiny mesh grille in the earpiece and covers on the camera and LED on the back, but it's as close as you're going to get to a white iPhone 4 this week. Unless you work at Colorware, I guess. One interesting note: the white of the parts they bought is a little warmer than the 4's dock, so Engadget (and I) guess Apple is getting that just right before they release the thing into the wild. Yes, Apple and resident chief designer Jon Ive are that particular about color.
Engadget just couldn't wait to get a white iPhone 4, so they took a page from Dr. Frankenstein and whipped up their own using a couple of...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free