Hulu Plus announced for iPhone and iPad
Hulu has finally announced their long-rumored subscription service, and it's a doozy. It's called Hulu Plus. For US$9.99 per month, you'll get you ad-supported access to the full current seasons of most shows and full back seasons of select shows. Plus, brand new Hulu Plus apps for the iPhone and the iPad will bring the television to you. The apps work over either WiFi or 3G, though the iPhone version requires iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4. The service sounds pretty good -- I would have to untangle my internet service from my cable bill, but otherwise, a system like this might just replace my cable box.
The apps are supposed to be available today, but they're not on the App Store quite yet, apparently. Meanwhile, Hulu is sending out invites to the service as we speak -- sign up, tell them what devices you've got and a few demographic bits, and wait for the email to show up. The Netflix app on the iPad has already been a hit since launch, and this Hulu Plus service seems like it'll be just as popular.
Update: The apps are now in the App Store, although of course you need a preview account to use them.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter