Is your iPhone 4 exhibiting proximity sensor issues?
I happened by a mirror while talking on the iPhone 4 last night and saw my screen lighting up, turning off and lighting up again erratically. I observed the behavior, worst when holding the phone in my left hand, for the duration of the call. I was more than a little irritated, as this was a feature since the first iPhone and, at the time, a big deal
Users are reporting buttons being hit as well, which is even worse if you use your iPhone for, you know, a phone. I'm hoping the next OS update will fix it, but in the meantime, let us know in the poll below if your iPhone 4 isn't registering the side of your face during a call.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter