iPhone 3G stars in parody
The sad thing? The video might be a parody of iOS4 on the iPhone 3G, but it's definitely the truth on my end as well. Still tethered to an iPhone 3G at the moment, utilizing basic services such Maps requires a good minute of finger tapping and waiting for the OS to decide if it wants to launch the app or not.
Video creator adamburtle lamented on the same thing. He writes, "... it's not because my needs have grown. It's not because I've installed a bunch of laggy software. It's because Apple's firmware has become bloated, with respect to the processing power of the 3G iPhone."
Adam, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Of course, there's the easy answer -- upgrade to an iPhone 4. Then again, it may not be worth it. Let's see what Steve has to say on that tomorrow first. Otherwise, it might be worth just getting a cheap 3GS.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs