Millennial Media report has Apple with 56% of smartphone market, ad requests up big time
Android did, however, see an increase in the number of devoted, single-platform developers. Currently, 31% of single-platform devs are working on Android (an increase of 2%) and 57% are creating apps for the iPhone. Games remain the number one app category on the network, while social networking apps are down and news and sports apps are up.
Finally, Millennial is seeing a huge spike in ad requests. Apple ad requests jumped up 36% month-over-month, and iPad ad requests alone blew up 205% month-over-month in June. Both Android and RIM saw big ad request increases as well, suggesting that more developers are learning how to successfully use ads in their apps.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature