Squeeze keyboardist uses iPad on Fallon appearance
Here's a fun treat for your late night tonight -- one of my favorite bands, Squeeze, made an appearance on Jimmy Fallon's show the other night to play the classic "Pulling Mussels (From The Shell)," and the keyboardist was playing both the electronic ivories and an iPad. He even drops a nice solo in right around 2:32. YouTube commenter MooCowMusic says it's his app, Pianist, and it looks about right.
At any rate, it sounds terrific, and how awesome is it that Squeeze is rocking the iPad in a live TV performance? I wonder if they're including the instrument in their other live performances -- or maybe even in actual recording. Very excellent.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync