White iPhones delayed by paint issues
We know that a few of you have been waiting patiently for a white iPhone 4. Chances are you're still getting one even if you have to use a Bumper, right? Apple has announced the wait will soon be over, mostly, as white iPhones should start dribbling into inventory at the end of this month. In a year this will likely all be a distant memory (isn't everything in tech a distant memory in a year?).
If you've been wondering why the delay, wonder no more: it's the paint. You see, the folks making the glass components are having quite a time getting just the right coating of paint on Apple's hot new hardware so that it'll match all the rest of its white hardware: namely docks and cables and bumpers, oh my! Engadget has a thorough dissection of the process and problems, which is interesting if you're into the supply side of things.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature