White iPhones delayed by paint issues
We know that a few of you have been waiting patiently for a white iPhone 4. Chances are you're still getting one even if you have to use a Bumper, right? Apple has announced the wait will soon be over, mostly, as white iPhones should start dribbling into inventory at the end of this month. In a year this will likely all be a distant memory (isn't everything in tech a distant memory in a year?).
If you've been wondering why the delay, wonder no more: it's the paint. You see, the folks making the glass components are having quite a time getting just the right coating of paint on Apple's hot new hardware so that it'll match all the rest of its white hardware: namely docks and cables and bumpers, oh my! Engadget has a thorough dissection of the process and problems, which is interesting if you're into the supply side of things.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter