Apple posts video showing antenna issue on Nokia N97 mini
Apple hasn't traditionally been a company that calls out its competition by name, but that's not the case with this Antennagate campaign -- it's posted a video and added information to its page calling out the Nokia N97 mini for suffering from the same issues the iPhone 4 is getting complaints about. In the video above, you can clearly see that yes, holding the Nokia phone by its antenna will cause the signal bars to drop.
Honestly, though, I'm not really sure what Apple is trying to say with this page and these phone comparisons. Yes, Apple, you win -- your phone is just as bad as everyone else's? Don't get me wrong -- I haven't picked up an iPhone 4 yet, but only because I haven't been able to find one. The reception issues don't really bother me. Still, I think it's the wrong tack for Apple to take just putting their phone alongside everyone else's and saying this is an industry-wide issue. I bought my original iPhone (and will buy the iPhone 4) because it's better than everyone else's, and it's weird to see Apple apparently trying to convince me otherwise.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync