Apple begins bumper refund program and free orders
In last week's press conference held about iPhone 4 reception issues*, Apple made mention of distributing not only bumpers for iPhones going forward, but refunds to those who had already purchased bumpers or other iPhone 4 cases. So if you didn't get one before they were pulled from Apple stores, progress is being made.
A number of tipsters have written in to let us know they received email from Apple this evening about their refunds being processed. Read the whole thing after the break. We've heard of the "Cash For Clunkers" program, but what would you call this one? "Bucks for Bumpers"? "Ante For Antennagate"? Leave your best answer in the comments.
Update: the page on Apple.com is now available. To claim your free case, you will need to download an app.
Dear Apple Customer, Apple recently announced that iPhone 4 customers who purchased an iPhone 4 Bumper are eligible for a full refund.
As of today, we have automatically processed your refund.
Thank you for choosing Apple.
Apple Online Store Support
Answers to many Apple Online Store questions can be found at online Help: http://store.apple.com/us/help
I wasn't sure which "I hope they didn't hold it in their left hand!" joke to use here. Choose the one you like the best.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature