iPhone 4 unlock now available
Here's good news for iPhone 4 users who've been waiting for a carrier unlock. The iPhone Dev Team has released an update to Ultrasn0w, its iPhone unlocking client, that's compatible with the iPhone 4. When run on an jailbroken iPhone 4, Ultrasn0w will allow you to use a carrier other than AT&T in the US.
It's a very simple process, as the video above demonstrates. Just note that jailbreakme.com is used in the demonstration, which makes use of a PDF exploit found in the iOS software. Also, jailbreaking your iPhone may void its warranty; proceed entirely at your own risk.
The Dev-Team first announced that they had been able to unlock the iPhone 4 last month, but only released the updated version of Ultrasn0w now. If freedom from AT&T is your thing, have at it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options