Madden 2011 out for iPad and iPhone
This year has just flown by -- it's almost that time again, when the leaves start to change color, the kids head back to school, and footballs fill the air. That also means the new Madden is now out, and for the first time, EA has brought the game to the iPad. By all accounts, it's pretty good -- the graphics are not quite comparable to the console versions, but they look nice, and you also get the ability to draw out hot routes and use an adapted version of the GameFlow feature from the console versions. Plus, the iPad version is also getting multiplayer soon, as well as a "Vintage Voltage Football" mode, a Madden-style homage to the old electric football games.
The only drawback is that the game's not cheap -- EA is going all out with a price for the iPad of $12.99. The game's also available for the iPhone for $7.99, which ain't real cheap, either. But this is EA's most premium game on the iOS to date, as well as their perpetual moneymaker every year around this time, so if they're going to try inching up the prices on their iOS titles, this would be the one to do it on.
That said, EA's also been learning the value of the sale recently, so I'll bet that if you give this one a month or two, you'll be able to pick it up for much cheaper. Too bad there's no lite version yet -- the football fans who've taken the leap seem to really enjoy the game so far.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service