i(Pad) of the Tiger
This is great! Photographer Jordan Hollender and musician Scott Harris put together this music video that covers Survivor's classic anthem and uses only iPad apps as instruments. The video itself was recorded with a couple of Canon HDSLR video cameras, but as you can see in the embedded version above, all of the music is created with iPad apps. Unfortunately, they don't identify the apps used, but that sounds like a great job for you TUAW commenters. I think I saw Pianolo HD being played on the floor there, and Pocket Drums is being used as percussion, but I couldn't find the guitar app or the DJ app that they are using.
Of course, what I really want to know is where he got that sweet lightning bolt iPad strap. The video's great, though. Apparently it was all lit in one day and shot in another. There's no word on how long it took to make the song, but with the iPad involved, it was probably both magical and revolutionary.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter