Flight Control coming to PS3 on September 15
There have been a lot of console adaptations brought to the iPhone, but sending games the other way hasn't been as common. Firemint is changing that, however -- they've announced that they'll be bringing iPhone superhit Flight Control to the PlayStation 3 as a downloadable title, and the game will even support the new Move controller, so you'll be able to draw flight paths in the air with a motion control wand (or you can use a regular dual stick controller if you'd rather do that). The game will also bring 1080p support, as well as a four-player drop-in/out mode and an exclusive map named "Metropolis." Flight Control HD will be available on the PSN on September 15th.
I'd be interested to see some other iPhone-specific titles make the jump to major consoles as well -- with the onset of Kinect and Move, translating the iPhone's touch controls to the television should get a little easier. We'll likely see a few more big iPhone titles (Angry Birds? Doodle Jump?) head across from Apple's platforms to more traditional gaming outlets in the future.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates