Safari extension highlight: Awesome Screenshot
With the addition of the Safari Extensions Gallery to Apple's website, TUAW will be highlighting extensions that we think are special, useful, or just plain fun.
Today's featured extension is Awesome Screenshot which lets you capture, annotate and share screenshots to awesomescreenshot.com. The way it works is pretty neat. Once you're at a webpage you'd like to share, simply click the extension's button. A toolbar appears that lets you annotate the page in a variety of ways. You can draw freely or use boxes, circle or lines. There's even a tool to blur out information that you'd rather keep hidden.
Once you're done, you can save the image as a local file or get a url to share with coworkers or friends. It's a useful tool that could make far-flung collaboration a little easier, all handled directly within the browser.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter