iPhone 4 sets texting speed record, beats Samsung Galaxy S
This just in from the "bragging about marginally useful skills" department. This week, Salford, UK-based Melissa Thompson set a "texting speed record" on her Samsung Galaxy S by typing two sentences in 25.94 seconds. The sentences in question were: "The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human." Note that Melissa used a Swype keyboard on the Galaxy.
Her record stood for hours until iPhone 4 owner Brian posted a video (above) of himself banging out the same pair of sentences on his stock iPhone 4 in just under 22 seconds. Of course, Brian's setup hardly consists of controlled conditions, and we have no video of Melissa's work, but considering that Brian beat Melissa's time by about 3 seconds while starting the timer himself is impressive.
Take what you want from this. Congratulations to Brian, who excels at typing tricky sentences on very tiny keyboards.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature