iPhone 4 sets texting speed record, beats Samsung Galaxy S
This just in from the "bragging about marginally useful skills" department. This week, Salford, UK-based Melissa Thompson set a "texting speed record" on her Samsung Galaxy S by typing two sentences in 25.94 seconds. The sentences in question were: "The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human." Note that Melissa used a Swype keyboard on the Galaxy.
Her record stood for hours until iPhone 4 owner Brian posted a video (above) of himself banging out the same pair of sentences on his stock iPhone 4 in just under 22 seconds. Of course, Brian's setup hardly consists of controlled conditions, and we have no video of Melissa's work, but considering that Brian beat Melissa's time by about 3 seconds while starting the timer himself is impressive.
Take what you want from this. Congratulations to Brian, who excels at typing tricky sentences on very tiny keyboards.
This just in from the "bragging about marginally useful skills" department. This week, Salford, UK-based Melissa Thompson set a "texting...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved