No jailbreak for you, 4.0.2
The Dev-Team has announced that there will be no jailbreak for iOS 4.0.2 or 3.2.2. It stands to reason, as the release did absolutely nothing other than patch the security hole that
The Dev-Team explains that escalating the "cat and mouse game" doesn't benefit the users, so they're letting this one ride. That's reasonable, too, as I reminisce about radar detectors, laser detectors and the cat and mouse game that happened between lead-foot citizens and law enforcement. No one really benefited, other than the electronics manufacturers who fuel that battle.
It's noted that any future jailbreak for the upcoming 4.1 firmware update might be backwards-compatible with 4.0.2, but don't pin any hopes on it. If you're interested in keeping your firmware up-to-date with the latest goodness, you probably wouldn't be considering that, anyway. Right?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)