No jailbreak for you, 4.0.2
The Dev-Team has announced that there will be no jailbreak for iOS 4.0.2 or 3.2.2. It stands to reason, as the release did absolutely nothing other than patch the security hole that
The Dev-Team explains that escalating the "cat and mouse game" doesn't benefit the users, so they're letting this one ride. That's reasonable, too, as I reminisce about radar detectors, laser detectors and the cat and mouse game that happened between lead-foot citizens and law enforcement. No one really benefited, other than the electronics manufacturers who fuel that battle.
It's noted that any future jailbreak for the upcoming 4.1 firmware update might be backwards-compatible with 4.0.2, but don't pin any hopes on it. If you're interested in keeping your firmware up-to-date with the latest goodness, you probably wouldn't be considering that, anyway. Right?
The Dev-Team has announced that there will be no jailbreak for iOS 4.0.2 or 3.2.2. It stands to reason, as the release did absolutely...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update