No jailbreak for you, 4.0.2
The Dev-Team has announced that there will be no jailbreak for iOS 4.0.2 or 3.2.2. It stands to reason, as the release did absolutely nothing other than patch the security hole that
The Dev-Team explains that escalating the "cat and mouse game" doesn't benefit the users, so they're letting this one ride. That's reasonable, too, as I reminisce about radar detectors, laser detectors and the cat and mouse game that happened between lead-foot citizens and law enforcement. No one really benefited, other than the electronics manufacturers who fuel that battle.
It's noted that any future jailbreak for the upcoming 4.1 firmware update might be backwards-compatible with 4.0.2, but don't pin any hopes on it. If you're interested in keeping your firmware up-to-date with the latest goodness, you probably wouldn't be considering that, anyway. Right?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync