iPhone 4 available in Mexico
South of the border, down Mexico way, that's where you can now purchase an iPhone 4 from Mexico's Apple Store online. Oh, and just to make the North American AT&T customers envious, the phone is unlocked. You know, just like in Canada.
iPhone 4 is available via Telcel and Movistar, but I was unable to find pricing on Apple's site, and both sellers were not forthcoming. Apple has not responded to a request for the price (if you know, please tell us in the comments). Still, the iPhone 3GS is now available for 8,199 pesos (which turns out to be around $650), so expect iPhone 4 to cost a bit more than that.
UPDATE: Apple sent the following response:
Thank you for your interest in the new iPhone 4 from Apple.
Apple has not made an announcement regarding iPhone 4 pricing or availability in Mexico.
Please keep an eye on Apple's website, at http://www.apple.com/mx/iphone, for the latest information.
We appreciate your support of Apple products and services. Thank you again for taking the time to write.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options