China Unicom offering in-store jailbreaking
Chinese language site WeiPhone notes (here's the English translation) that customers can have their iPhones jailbroken by the store's staff, who will also trim SIM cards to fit the iPhone 4's micro-SIM tray. Additionally, some are even advertising that they'll install apps for their customers after the jailbreak is complete.
Note that the iPhone 4 is not yet officially available for sale in China, so we assume that CU staff are jailbreaking older models.
As The Mac Observer notes, Apple has not yet commented on the practice. Any comment from the company should be a good one.
[Via The Mac Observer]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration