Apple announces the release of iOS 4.1
During today's press conference, Steve Jobs announced the release of iOS 4.1. The new operating system for iPhone and iPod touch comes with the following features:
- High Dynamic Range photos: The phone will take three photos in rapid succession -- one at what the phone thinks is the normal image, one underexposed and the third overexposed. The image is then combined to create the high dynamic image. Mel Martin demonstrated the power of this type of program in July.
- Bug fixes including those relating to the proximity sensor, Bluetooth and the iPhone 3G.
- High-definition video upload over Wi-Fi.
- TV show rentals and purchase
- Game Center debut
During today's press conference, Steve Jobs announced the release of iOS 4.1. The new operating system for iPhone and iPod touch comes...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs