Apple announces the release of iOS 4.1
During today's press conference, Steve Jobs announced the release of iOS 4.1. The new operating system for iPhone and iPod touch comes with the following features:
- High Dynamic Range photos: The phone will take three photos in rapid succession -- one at what the phone thinks is the normal image, one underexposed and the third overexposed. The image is then combined to create the high dynamic image. Mel Martin demonstrated the power of this type of program in July.
- Bug fixes including those relating to the proximity sensor, Bluetooth and the iPhone 3G.
- High-definition video upload over Wi-Fi.
- TV show rentals and purchase
- Game Center debut
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)