Game Center is live... mostly
iPhone developers report that Apple's Game Center has finally gone live. Formerly limited to a sandbox-only development environment, accounts and friends that were created for the sandbox will not apply to the live production system on Apple's servers. Game Center is now prompting for new credentials -- and developers are sharing usernames on Twitter. Older accounts and friends were wiped out yesterday to prepare for the live system.
The server is reportedly having some start-up issues, including connectivity and crashing issues, but developers who were limited before are now able to create full accounts and full-on matchups. Currently, Game Center is live in 4.1, which we expect to arrive soon. Developers can submit Game Center applications to iTunes Connect using the 4.1 GM seed.
Once the app and iOS 4.1 are available, we'll have a full review.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in!
iPhone developers report that Apple's Game Center has finally gone live. Formerly limited to a sandbox-only development environment,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free