Safari extension highlight: Add to Reader
With the addition of the Safari Extensions Gallery to Apple's website, TUAW is highlighting extensions that we think are special, useful, or just plain fun.
Today's extension highlight is Add to Reader by Richard Käll. Like most of the extensions we've highlighted so far, it makes one aspect of online life easier. In this case, it's adding feeds to your Google Reader account. Instead of clicking a site's feed button and adding the address to Reader, you simply press the little toolbar button and presto! You're done.
You're still bumped away from the page you're reading, which is unfortunate. I'd be happier if it worked in the background or by popping up and then closing a separate window the way the Instapaper bookmarklet does, but I still like it.
Finally, if the extension just doesn't quite do it for you, the author has made the source code available, too. Have fun subscribing!
With the addition of the Safari Extensions Gallery to Apple's website, TUAW is highlighting extensions that we think are special, useful,...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements