Safari extension highlight: Add to Reader
With the addition of the Safari Extensions Gallery to Apple's website, TUAW is highlighting extensions that we think are special, useful, or just plain fun.
Today's extension highlight is Add to Reader by Richard Käll. Like most of the extensions we've highlighted so far, it makes one aspect of online life easier. In this case, it's adding feeds to your Google Reader account. Instead of clicking a site's feed button and adding the address to Reader, you simply press the little toolbar button and presto! You're done.
You're still bumped away from the page you're reading, which is unfortunate. I'd be happier if it worked in the background or by popping up and then closing a separate window the way the Instapaper bookmarklet does, but I still like it.
Finally, if the extension just doesn't quite do it for you, the author has made the source code available, too. Have fun subscribing!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter