Wi-Fi iPads will hit China on Sept. 17
As we saw in the US and elsewhere, Apple Store employees will offer a free setup service to anyone who buys an iPad in an Apple Store on launch day. This includes email setup, finding apps and so on. You know, the kind of stuff your relatives are always asking you to do.
iPad Wi-Fi pricing in China will be as follows: CNY3988 (US$590 as of this writing) for 16GB, CNY4788 ($710) for 32GB and CNY5588 for 64GB ($830).
You'll remember last month when the iPad received the China Compulsory Certification from the China Quality Certification Center, the first official stamp of approval it needed before being OK'd for sale. Apple had trouble bringing the iPhone to the Chinese market, when wireless devices were required to use China's own WAPI standard. Today, devices are allowed to have both WAPI and Wi-Fi.
If you buy one of these iPads in China, let us know!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration