Apple releases iOS 4.2 beta for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
We're getting reports from various sites that Apple has released the beta version of iOS 4.2 into the wild for developer testing. This is suppose to add a number of features, especially for the iPad, in the form of multi-tasking, AirPlay, folder organization, the ability to print from your iPad, and more. Developers can access the beta through the Dev Center now.
This update is scheduled to come to consumers' iPads sometime in November of this year, so devs will have a few months to tinker around with it before release.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app