Microsoft working on apps for iPad
It's funny -- for all of Microsoft's blustery bravado and insecure jealousy, the company really seems to spread itself around pretty evenly. Microsoft blogger Paul Thurrott has tweeted that Microsoft is indeed working on apps for the iPad. So, despite Ballmer's own complaints and the ongoing rumors of a competitor, there is apparently a team somewhere at One Microsoft Way working on apps for iOS.
We joke, but it's not all that much of a surprise -- Microsoft has already released a few apps for the iPhone (including a Bing search app). With iOS covering a quarter of the smartphone market, and even more of the tablet market, Microsoft would be stupid to not at least experiment with the kinds of offerings that it could create. We'll have to see what they come up with for the iPad.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app