Microsoft working on apps for iPad
It's funny -- for all of Microsoft's blustery bravado and insecure jealousy, the company really seems to spread itself around pretty evenly. Microsoft blogger Paul Thurrott has tweeted that Microsoft is indeed working on apps for the iPad. So, despite Ballmer's own complaints and the ongoing rumors of a competitor, there is apparently a team somewhere at One Microsoft Way working on apps for iOS.
We joke, but it's not all that much of a surprise -- Microsoft has already released a few apps for the iPhone (including a Bing search app). With iOS covering a quarter of the smartphone market, and even more of the tablet market, Microsoft would be stupid to not at least experiment with the kinds of offerings that it could create. We'll have to see what they come up with for the iPad.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved