In Brief: Jobs' journey through the wilderness made Apple Inc. possible
There's an interesting Randall Stross piece in Saturday's New York Times about the alternative timeline where Steve Jobs never resigned from Apple. Given his legendary fussiness over every detail and his frustrating inability to get the NeXT hardware platform past the "expensive curiosity" stage, Stross surmises that Jobs learned painful lessons about delegation and collaboration during his years at NeXT. When he returned to Apple (along with the NeXTStep operating system that formed the core of Mac OS X), he was far more ready to handle the challenge.
Do you think Steve would have failed to transform Apple if he had never left? We welcome your musings below.
There's an interesting Randall Stross piece in Saturday's New York Times about the alternative timeline where Steve Jobs never resigned...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support