In Brief: Jobs' journey through the wilderness made Apple Inc. possible
There's an interesting Randall Stross piece in Saturday's New York Times about the alternative timeline where Steve Jobs never resigned from Apple. Given his legendary fussiness over every detail and his frustrating inability to get the NeXT hardware platform past the "expensive curiosity" stage, Stross surmises that Jobs learned painful lessons about delegation and collaboration during his years at NeXT. When he returned to Apple (along with the NeXTStep operating system that formed the core of Mac OS X), he was far more ready to handle the challenge.
Do you think Steve would have failed to transform Apple if he had never left? We welcome your musings below.
There's an interesting Randall Stross piece in Saturday's New York Times about the alternative timeline where Steve Jobs never resigned...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update