Just about everyone thinks the iPhone is coming to Verizon
Add the New York Times to the chorus of reporting claiming the iPhone is coming to Verizon early next year. The sources seem credible, even though there have been no end to rumors about our favorite phone making the trek to the big V.t
With a good deal of dislike for AT&T and its policies, it will be interesting to see if Verizon is more liberal about the various hiccups Apple has had with its current carrier. It will also be worth seeing what kinds of concessions Verizon might get Apple to make -- it certainly seems like they'd want to load the iPhone up with crap-ware and the Verizon music or video services. Then again, Apple's holding most of the cards here, so if they do accept a Verizon deal, it'll probably be on their terms.
It's starting to look like iPhone/Verizon may be the real deal, and instead of denials, both companies are now saying nothing. Stay tuned.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options