iPad will hit Verizon Wireless and AT&T stores October 28
Don your tin foil hats, conspiracy theorists: Verizon stores will begin selling iPads on October 28th.
There's no CDMA iPad. Big red will be selling iPads bundled with MiFi 2200s. Starting at $US630 for the 16GB model plus a MiFi, the bundles go up to $730 for the 32G model and $830 for the 64GB model.
Here's how the data plan works for these MiFi units. Customers will get a 1GB allowance in exchange for $20/month with no contract. That's a lot better than what I'm paying for my MiFi now, and it's a lot more convenient and warranty-friendly than previous iPad/MiFi combinations.
Meanwhile, AT&T stores will also begin selling iPads on the 28th, though they'll be stocking the 3G variety and not bundling them with external hotspots.
This might not be the Apple/Verizon news you were hoping for, but it's a start. We're big MiFi fans here at TUAW, and getting a mobile hotspot that can support five devices simultaneously definitely compensates for the hassle of carrying a second gadget and charger along.
Don your tin foil hats, conspiracy theorists: Verizon stores will begin selling iPads on October 28th. There's no CDMA iPad. Big red will...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client