SwirlySMS brings free SMS app to iPad 3G
The application should work with any supported SIM that offers SMS features. You will be charged for SMS text messages according to the plan associated with your SIM card. I do not believe it's possible to add SMS packages to the native plan, so if the app works at all, you'll likely be charged $0.25/text at the standard US AT&T a la carte rate.
The app has been tested primarily in Sweden on the Telia network, but its developers have been doing SMS apps for three years now -- so it's a good bet that things should work out of the box with standard AT&T SIMs for United States users. Given that the app is free, if you have any problems, I'm sure the devs will offer a full money-back guarantee.
After thoroughly testing the software with your equipment, you can upgrade to a no-ad version for five bucks, or a full-featured MMS/SMS app (SwirlyMMS) for twelve.
Released today, "SwirlySMS free for iPad 3G" offers a free SMS solution that allows you to send and receive messages from your iPad 3G....
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements