SwirlySMS brings free SMS app to iPad 3G
The application should work with any supported SIM that offers SMS features. You will be charged for SMS text messages according to the plan associated with your SIM card. I do not believe it's possible to add SMS packages to the native plan, so if the app works at all, you'll likely be charged $0.25/text at the standard US AT&T a la carte rate.
The app has been tested primarily in Sweden on the Telia network, but its developers have been doing SMS apps for three years now -- so it's a good bet that things should work out of the box with standard AT&T SIMs for United States users. Given that the app is free, if you have any problems, I'm sure the devs will offer a full money-back guarantee.
After thoroughly testing the software with your equipment, you can upgrade to a no-ad version for five bucks, or a full-featured MMS/SMS app (SwirlyMMS) for twelve.
Released today, "SwirlySMS free for iPad 3G" offers a free SMS solution that allows you to send and receive messages from your iPad 3G....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support